Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Career in Telecommunication World
For those of us who have a high motivation for working in the telecommunications world, and has spent time college to learn what it is Erlang A, Erlang B or GSM logical channel. Apparently there are many areas and loopholes in the telecommunications world that we can enter, either simply to deepen knowledge, gain experience, add up to future savings
1. Operator, This is a dream many young engineers, workplace becomes dream many scholars from both campuses domestic telecom-known to least known (hopefully this statement is not wrong CMIIW). Here the employee acts as the operator of telecommunications networks for customers directly.Engineer working in here a duty to maintain network availability, so customers can use the network to communicate voice and data with ease. But in addition to the primary task, there are a lot of knowledge to be gained, of course, because it acts as the owner of telecommunications equipment, engineers here have the opportunity to study the devices used (this does not apply to all positions, especially for engineers). Sometimes, engineers must be able to also perform the installation of telecommunication own devices, if an urgent situation and not allowed to use the services of a third party (read vendors), then the engineer must be able to install it's own telecommunications equipment. No less challenging is the work of troubleshooting. This work is a tricky job, because if problems are not met are also the solution, then it is not possible we will find it frustrating to search for common problems.
2. Vendor, It's not impossible to become the first choice for fresh graduates as well, because the company's telecom vendors such as Nokia Siemens Networks, Ericsson, Huawei, ZTE, etc , knowledge and experience on offer is not a bit. It is no secret that in these companies, telecommunications science we can get very much. In this company we can learn the installation of devices, network optimization, to troubleshooting device that is installed. Probably not much different with a glance at your work huh? But remember, that the vendor can only learn one product alone.
3. Contractor, Can not enter into an employee of gold above two options? Do not worry, there are still places to work. Contractor is a company that worked on the project that won the tender by a vendor. Some of the areas normally done for example for the installation of base stations, installation of Micro Wave (radio transmission), Test Drive for network optimization, installation of new Base Transmission Service (BTS) towers, etc. Relatively large-scale contractors, typically include a project with a great value, so it is not rare for a contractor hired back some of sub-contractors to work on projects that they win the tender.
4. Sub-Contractors, A company is a sub-contractor under the contractor who worked on the project to contractors. Therefore, the scale of the work performed relatively smaller. Science that we get here may not be as much as in telecom vendors, but we can learn to very detailed, the work we wrestled. This is because the scope of the work we're in relatively narrow so that we are repeated every time we do it.
5. Supplier, Being a supplier of a general nature, but the telecommunications company though, requires a competent and qualified suppliers to supply goods and services to support the company's survival.
6. Outsource, A telecommunications company both vendors and operators would need to outsource labor to help with the work of an administrative nature to the technical. For example, an admin, this energy is needed to help the company's operations and continuity of work. Technical assistance personnel are also needed to help operations engineer in a telecom operator in the work of network troubleshooting, to maintenance and installation of telecommunications equipment.